- Post Date
- Tue, Dec 20
- Local Business Boost Program
LOCAL BUSINESS BOOST PROGRAM NARRATIVE CASE STUDY
Taste of Siam
304 Main Street, Hyannis
Taste of Siam is a Thai restaurant located at the East end of Main Street that was acquired by current owner Nootcharee (Tanya) Sukwiset in 2019. When she took over the restaurant, she changed the name and created her own menu. The restaurant is open year-round. There is indoor seating, and new outdoor seating, but most of the off-season business is from takeout.
Their website is a Weebly site that Tanya maintains, and the restaurant’s social media presence is also maintained by Tanya. Tanya expressed a desire to get more eyes on both. She also wanted to get the word out about her business through collateral materials, of which she had none. When onboarded into the Local Business Boost Program, the website did not have online ordering capabilities and there was no POS system. Corporate third-party delivery apps are very expensive, but she feels they need to use them to reach customers.
IDENTIFIED CHALLENGES AND PRIORITIES:
- Increase visibility of the restaurant online and in the community.
- Develop collateral materials that reflect the Taste of Siam brand, show what the menu has to offer and encourage repeat patronage.
- Explore alternative food delivery options.
- Seaside Digital Design, a local SEO (search engine optimization) expert carried out SEO services for the Taste of Siam website and social media.
- Seaside Digital Design also developed a branding package for the restaurant, which was used to design collateral materials.
- An interior design consultant, The Perfect Table, was enlisted to stage the restaurant for Images by Saraphina to take pictures for the website, social media and collateral materials.
- Collateral materials designed by Images by Saraphina and printed by Sunderland Printing included a traditional rack card to be delivered to local hotels and visitors centers; a tabletop card with a link to the Taste of Siam menu and a reminder to patrons to write a review; a postcard for takeout orders that encouraged people to write a review and offered customers 10% off if they ordered directly from the restaurant instead of through a third-party delivery app; hours sign for the window.
- A postcard was also designed and mailed to all Centerville residents by ProForma.
The Local Business Boost Program started in 2022 and is currently a partnership between Love Live Local and the Hyannis Main Street Business Improvement District. Additional funding is being sought to take the program to other local businesses across Cape Cod.