- Post Date
- Tue, Mar 14
- Local Business Boost Program
Local Business Boost Program Narrative Case Study
Port Cargo is a family-owned business with locations in downtown Hyannis, Falmouth and Mashpee Commons. They have been selling women's apparel on Hyannis Main Street since the 1970s, and have recently transitioned from more formal wear to ready-to-wear clothing.
They have never had an ecommerce site or a website at all. They recognize they are missing out on both a marketing and a selling opportunity.
IDENTIFIED CHALLENGES AND PRIORITIES:
- Investment in a new website with e-commerce capabilities.
- Update social media to reflect accurate information about current inventory and business details.
- Increased and elevated social media presence and plan for execution.
1. Enlisted Tidal Marketing to create a website that organizes the information about the three separate locations and their respective inventories in a easy-to-navigate way. The website can be managed and updated by the store owners, and is ready for online shopability when they are.
The Local Business Boost Program started in 2022 and is currently a partnership between Love Live Local and the Hyannis Main Street Business Improvement District. Additional funding is being sought to take the program to other local businesses across Cape Cod.